You may revive your license with this method if your NC license has been lapsed for less than
years and you do not have a current, active license in another state.
Applicant must satisfactorily compile at least 500 hours within the period
of one year in the
- Between 50 and 200 class hours of course work (for example, refresher courses,
pertinent college courses) that have been pre-approved by the Board (these
class hours should be
designed to demonstrate proficiency in current physical therapy theory and practice); and
- Remainder of hours (500 hours minus number of class hours) working as an aide under the
of a licensed physical therapist (training and the supervising physical therapist must also be
pre-approved by the Board).
- Print and Complete the Revival application and submit to the Board office by mail or email, click here
- Submit your payment online, click here
PLEASE NOTE: ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE:
- Two character references (forms at end of application) are required from individuals who are not
relatives and who have known the applicant for at least one year.
These forms must be
to the Board office (mail or email) by the individual completing the reference.
- Complete and pass Jurisprudence Exercise I on the
- Submit a written revival plan for completion of 500 hours of coursework and supervised clinical work
for Board pre-approval. The plan should contain:
- Coursework listing of courses that will be completed and the number of hours for each
50 and 200 class hours (refresher course, continuing education, pertinent college courses,
Courses must be designed to demonstrate proficiency in current physical therapy theory and
practice. (Course certificates or transcripts may be provided as evidence of completion.)
- Supervised Clinical Practice – for the remainder of the 500 hours – provide the name of the
clinical PT supervisor and written acknowledgment of their agreement to provide supervision
the facility where the work as an Aide will be performed. (A daily log of hours completed
signed by the supervisor may be submitted as evidence of completion.)
- Note: Board meetings are held four (4) times each year: March, June, September, and
- Board will review plan, and after approved, the plan may be executed, and documentation of
completion submitted to the Board office via email or mailed documents.
After your license is revived:
NOTE: You are reviving a current year license that must be
renewed annually by January 31.
- Check your reporting period: You will receive an email with the dates of your reporting
period. If you have any questions, please contact the Board immediately.
- Review the Practice Act, Board Rules and
- Understand the Continuing Competence Rules.
Familiarize yourself with the Board rules related to Continuing Competence. One point of Jurisprudence
Exercise is MANDATORY; other points may be earned according to the rules applicable to each category.
- Per Board rule 21 NCAC 48F .0105: Licensee must notify the Board within 30 days of a change of name or work
or home address.
If you have further questions or need additional information about reviving a PT or PTA license, send
an email to: [email protected] and add “Revival” to subject
line, or call (919) 490-6393 or
(800) 800-8982 and leave a message.
Email [email protected]
Email [email protected]