You are using an outdated browser. For a faster, safer browsing experience, upgrade for free today.
Sunday, October 2, 2022

If you were born in the following countries:
  • UK / United Kingdom
  • New Zealand
  • Australia
  • Canada (not Quebec)
  • United States / US
Yes, a Social Security Number is required for licensure in North Carolina. Apply to the Social Security Administration for a Social Security Number and supply one once it arrives. Note: if you do not have a Social Security Number, you will need to inform NCBPTE every year of your progress or your application will be archived.
  • Exam applicants should use the most recent CWT
  • Endorsement applicants should use the CWT for their year of graduation.
For additional information, consult the Foreign Trained section on the website.

Questions?  Email [email protected]
Website Feedback?  Email [email protected]